The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Friday, March 18, 2011

almost here...



Just a few thoughts as I have been preparing for my trip today...



*I shaved my legs (which I rarely ever do!) with an actual razor (not the 6 year old electric razor I usually use (in the rare instance I shave!)) AND I went above my knee. I don't remember the last time I shaved past my knee. These are exciting times!!




*I was becoming a bit depressed about a month ago and so I decided not to try my bathing suit on a daily basis. But I have been tanning the last few weeks in preparation for the glorious Hawaiian sun and so I tried my bathing suit(s) on this morning. Can I just say... things look SO much better when you are tan.





*I kissed and hugged my kids 10,000 times today, each. Trace asked me today, "why do you keep hugging and kissing me!?" Because I LOVE you and as excited as I am for this vacation, I am going to miss you like crazy!! I wont miss the cooking or the cleaning or the laundry or any of that stuff! But I will miss your hugs and kisses and 'i love you's' and your sweet faces.





*I had the chance to take a nap today and I COULDN'T. I tried, really hard. My mind wouldn't stop thinking! All the things I don't want to forget to take, all the daily stuff I don't want Andy to forget, all the fun I will be having, getting on the stuffy airplane for 7.5 hours tomorrow, and on and on. Oh, how I wanted that nap.





* I cleaned the house today. On a Friday. I almost never do that. We usually clean on Saturday mornings as a family. But I wanted as much time as possible with my family tomorrow morning before I leave. So I cleaned THE WHOLE HOUSE. Oh, how I needed that nap! Andy always makes sure he leaves me with a clean house when he leaves Monday morning. I am glad I could do that for him.





*I am in total denial that my baby girl is turning 2 years old on Sunday. We are having cinnamon rolls and sausage (she LOVES sausage!) for a breakfast birthday tomorrow morning before I leave. I have been on the verge of tears all week and I think this is one of the main reasons. How is it even possible that I had to be "talked" into having her? And then I conceded and He sent me the sweetest angel who ever walked the earth. I am so grateful. She is my baby and now she is turning 2.



*And I truly am the luckiest woman in the world.




If I could just ask one favor?



If you get the chance to see my children in the next 9 days, please give them a BIG HUG for me!


I'll be here...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hope you had soo much fun! I love that i could recognize some of the places you guys went as Ang was updating her FB! Glad you got to spend some time with your sisters! Can't wait to hear all about it! Love you lots!