A young couple, Lisa and John, moved into a new neighborhood. One morning while they were eating breakfast, Lisa looked out the window and watched her next-door neighbor hanging out her wash.
“That laundry’s not clean!” Lisa exclaimed. “Our neighbor doesn’t know how to get clothes clean!”
John looked on but remained silent.
Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry, Lisa would make the same comments.
A few weeks later Lisa was surprised to glance out her window and see a nice, clean wash hanging in her neighbor’s yard. She said to her husband, “Look, John—she’s finally learned how to wash correctly! I wonder how she did it.”
John replied, “Well, dear, I have the answer for you. You’ll be interested to know that I got up early this morning and washed our windows!”
I just love that story and I think of it everytime I notice how dirty my windows are. His whole talk is great if you want to read it, and you really should.
Lucy is recovering from a battle wound she got in nursery on Sunday. She collided with her friend (boyfriend & possible future husband) and walked away with a black-eye. That nursery can be a dangerous place. She loves it there.
don't mind the crumbs. she loves to eat toast and watch Sesame Street in the morning. doesn't she just look like she is in pain??!! I mean, she isn't, but she gave me a good picture.
Oh and I made this stuff. The "kids" wanted a treat. I got this recipe from our ward cookbook (the cookbook rocks btw and I am making another recipe from it for dinner tonight, crock-pot chicken taco soup!) I called Tami, who submitted the recipe to make sure I needed to use 2 cubes of butter instead of 1. She confirmed that I use 2. We were off to a good start! But she warned me against ever making this when I was alone. I have all the kids home today, so I was safe...
But she forgot to warn me not to take 1/2 of the batch in a big bowl next to the computer while I edited and posted pictures. I did that and ate it all. Consider yourself warned!! It is soooooooooooooooooooooooo good.
recipe:1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
10-15 large marshmellos
Melt these together until it starts to boil and all the ingredients are mixed together well.
Pop 3 bags of microwave popcorn (all I had was theatre butter bagged popcorn so I air-popped 1 1/2 pops)
Pour mixture over popcorn. I put it into a brown paper bag and stirred it in between pouring.
It is so easy (too easy!!) and fast (too fast!) and yummy (there is no such thing as too yummy!).
I love today
1 comment:
Poor sweet Lucy!! I'm too lazy to make your recipe, but it looks yummy!
Post a Comment