The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Wednesday, February 2, 2011

it is 7:04 and my kids are tucked into bed for the night... all of them. 2 whole days off of school, too cold to go outside & andy is out of town... wowza. but I got to sleep-in (7:30 am) both days and work out, those two things usually never go together. we played lots of legos & playdoh and watched movies and ate good food. but I am exhausted (not unlike most days) and glad they are going back to school tomorrow. and it is 'hump day' (andy taught trace about hump day and now he loves wednesday!) and that means andy is coming home in 2 days and i can hardly wait! oh, and i just ordered 3 books for my kindle... i can not wait to be laying on the beach in hawaii, reading for hours while i cook my skin to a nice redish-brown. my kindle is ready for hawaii, now if i can just get this body ready!! i guess in the end, i don't really care all that much. that is the beauty of hawaii.








oh, and what is a post without pictures, so i opened an old folder from 2004 and found a few i love...

with my papa c in mt. shasta round table. i love this picture for so many reasons.

oh, i love this picture of rian naked on the houseboat at shasta lake. that is just how we do things at the lake :)


mrs. dancer took our family pictures at mt. shasta park. i love these pictures so much, still. wish i could convince her to do them again!! ;) our little family of 4
my highschool besties at our 10 yr. reunion. awesome girls.

LOVE this. rian & her cousin kinz
me & kath at siskiyou county fair with the kids
that summer was the first time andy had seen his dad in many years and our first time to meet heide. they are now our oma & opa and we love them dearly. and miss them just as much.
um, did you notice how adorable trace is?? and rian??! oh man, they grow too fast!!!
and now i am going to bed and it is officially 8:06 pm

3 comments:

jdancer said...

Whoa, Jen! Our reunion just doesn't seem that long ago! Three more babies for you since then! Wowwwy! You have the most BEAUTIFUL family!!! I hope you have a wonderful time tanning your pretty self on the beaches of Hawaii! J.E.A.L.O.U.S is what I am! :)

Brooke said...

I completely related to the kids in bed at 7 and snow days. We just finished 4 days in a row of snow days and last night I put my kids to bed by a little after 7. We watched alot of movies and I probably should have done more legos and playdough than I did. I sure hope they can go to school monday or we may be visiting. :)

Kathah said...

This post made me smile. Thanks for brightening me up today!
I love you.
But you're in trouble for not calling me back the other day.
And I still love you. :)