The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just the two of us in SLC

Our very kind friends asked us if we wanted to do a kid-swap with them... UMmm YES we do!! I didn't even have to think for a second about that one (except to wonder if we would still be friends after they watched our kids!!).
We are kind of crazy busy right now and with Andy traveling every other week, we decided that I would just pack a bag and go with him to Salt Lake for a few days. Free travel, free hotel, free meals, free babysitter, yah just about the best vacation ever!! 3 days and 3 nights together... amazing.

Andy usually flies when he travels for work, but he needed to drive this time, so we drove together. We talked a lot and listened to Jason Mraz (my fave) a lot and Micheal Jackson (his fave) too. This was the scenery for a very long time in Wyoming...

We did a lot of fun stuff. Shopping, eating, going to the movies, shopping, just to name a few. I loved it ALL but my very favorite part (by a landslide) was going to the SLC temple together. There just are not words to say how much I loved it. It may not be the same for everyone who attends the Temple here, but for me it was so moving, I have never felt anything like it.

So here we are... (me in my new purple dress and cute shoes, did I mention that we shopped??)

It was dark by the time we got out, so I took a night time picture.




I went back to Temple Square the next day while Andy was working...


So the kids survived and so did our friends, thank goodness! Now THEY will be taking a trip and we will get the chance to care for 9 kids! How hard can it be??!! Either way, it was so worth it!!!

2 comments:

jdancer said...

Wow! That sounds amazing! The Temple is beautiful!

Olivia Heilmann said...

You look fantastic! I am glad that you had so much fun.