WOW! Where does the time go? Summer?? Gone in the blink of an eye, seriously. Sam, in Kindergarten... ok well I would be lying if I said I hadn't dreamed of this day on occasion but STILL. When did he grow up? My Sam-Sam man. Rian in 5th grade, one year away from lockers? My sweet Trace, all grow-up in 2nd grade? Cue the tears.
Well, moving on from the sentimental stuff... On the first day of school, I was alone (Andy out of town, not cool!) and intent on getting to school on time. (School starts 20 minutes earlier that last year) And also intent on having a healthy & fun breakfast. Well, I lost my patients many times as 8 o'clock approached, but their bellies were filled with french toast & sausage and a few (very) quick pictures were taken before we all rushed to the 1st day of school!! The school kids rode their scooters with enthusiasm and we made it on time! Yeah!
Well, moving on from the sentimental stuff... On the first day of school, I was alone (Andy out of town, not cool!) and intent on getting to school on time. (School starts 20 minutes earlier that last year) And also intent on having a healthy & fun breakfast. Well, I lost my patients many times as 8 o'clock approached, but their bellies were filled with french toast & sausage and a few (very) quick pictures were taken before we all rushed to the 1st day of school!! The school kids rode their scooters with enthusiasm and we made it on time! Yeah!
Trace said that he didn't need to go to the bathroom... I am not sure what is going on there.
That smile doesn't get ANY bigger!!!


they all loved their new shoes & wanted me to take a picture
Just me & the girls off on a long walk/jog. Nice.

So, with all Sam's enthusiasm he kind of forgot that he needed to follow the rules at school. When I picked him up and asked him how his first day was, he said with head down & a quivering chin "bad". Oh no. He told me that he had to move his bee down (the discipline system) and he was very very sad about that. We went over to talk to the teacher about what had happened. Sam had trouble following the rules and doing what he was asked to do. REALLY?? I'm shocked. He's never like that at home!! So, Ms Chicarelli gave him a lot of encouraging words about tomorrow and how he can earn good rewards by listening and doing what he is asked the first time. Needless to say, our after school meeting today was met with MUCH enthusiasm and excitement and he had a great 2nd day. Still some struggles, but mostly great behavior. Nice job buddy. I told him how proud of him I was and he said, with head held high, "I am proud of myself too!". This is really good.
2 comments:
OH wow! Too cute. The boys first day was today. I am hoping that we have a good report, too.
The kids look so cute!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family photo on the blog. Our Sam has one more year until Kindergarten, but I can imagine it will go something along the same lines as your Sam.
Post a Comment