The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lots & Lots & Lots of Hawaii Pictures!

Prepare yourself for a LOT of pictures people! I mean A LOT!

My sister told me that pictures without people in them are boring, but I just couldn't help myself!
This was my 2nd time to Hawaii and it was just as amazing as I remembered... maybe more so. Being with my sister (aka very best friend) & one of my other very best friends was just perfect. We layed on the beach a LOT, ate delicious food a LOT, talked & laughed a LOT.
10 days was a long time away from my family and I was missing them bad by the 8th or 9th day. I was so happy to arrive home safely and be with them.

Almost there... flying over Maui!

1st day... 1st beach... Aaahhhhh!


These next few pictures are of The Casa, where my sister lives. This is what I woke up to every day
. (and btw, this photo is unedited!)



Right outside the front door, the pathway to the beach.

Where I would sit every morning and call my family!

Sunset at the Casa.

Me and Ang in downtown Kona. You know Ang was lovin the timer!
Self portrait (me and amy) in downtown Kona. We shopped while Ang was working... for 4 1/2 hours.


Near the pier in Kona where we were shopping.
After we shopped, Ang fed us at her restaurant on the water, the Lava Java. The best fish tacos EVER! I ate them 3x while I was there. I would have eaten them for every meal, really, but Ang & Amy wouldn't let me!!

Sweet little Hawaiian babies playing in the river. It was so lush & I love the colors!

At one of the river crossings, we ran into horses.

That's Amy, our crazy lady!! :)

Me & Ang :)

Wiapeo Valley (sp?) This is where we started, up on the mountain and then we drove down into the valley of lush beauty & to Black sands beach below. Such a beautiful day to do it too!




@black sands beach



We didn't go in the water much here due to all the terribly poisonous jellyfish that we found washed up on the shore!







At the Pier in Kona where we went paddle boarding.

Amy, making it look easy!!

I fell and scraped my foot on coral. It might look like a little scrape (ok, it was) but it burned for about 4-5 days! Nasty stuff that coral!

Makelawena Beach (sp?) aka, Paradise.

I know that no one wants to see me in a bikini so please excuse that part, but these had to be included!




Amy & I went to the Temple in Kona one night while Ang was working. We went to eat at her place (fish taco's for me please!) and by the time we got to the Temple, it was a bit dark for pictures. This was all I could get...

This was the ONLY day of my trip that I attempted to put on make-up or do my hair. My hair was frizzy and I sweated my make-up off before I could even get there! :)
I can honestly say that the Temple was one of the highlights of my trip. I love being in the Temple.
The last 2 nights of my trip we got to stay in this incredibly beautiful house up on the mountain. The house inside was beautiful and the views were amazing!! Thank you Kris-Ann!


Again, no edits to this picture. Just incredible colors!
Ok, that is it for now if you are still here. I will put some video & more pictures when I recover from doing this post!!

8 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

What amazing pics!!! You are so lucky to go on such a great trip. Can't wait to see you soon!!

The Cohen's said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm so glad that you got to go and you had a great time!! We look forward to seeing you guys so soon!!!!

Angie Cravens said...

I miss you already...... I cant wait to see you and the kids!!!!

Matthews Family said...

Man that looks so wonderful! I'm glad you got to take a nice girl's trip with your sister and friend. I'm so wanting to go to a beach, especially Hawaii. I miss it. Love ya.

Kathah said...

So happy you got to have such a fab trip. Good for you! You deserved a break. Now, on to California!

Kari Clark said...

Wow! Jen, I finally got a chance to check out your trip pics - so awesome! I'm so glad that you got to go, what a wonderful treat! I'm seriously jealous... but so glad for you.

Marylin said...

Seriously you are killing me with these pictures!! I haven't been on here much so I am just now seeing them!! Gorgeous shots!!! Really amazing and all you ladies look so fantastic and relaxed!! I need a REAL vacation BAD!!! Can't wait to chat with you and catch up!!!

Olivia Heilmann said...

Truly breathtaking! Thanks for sharing them!