The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Sunday, July 13, 2008

East Lake



That's my $25 bike! My mom would be proud!





Look at those beautiful Rocky Mountains...






I have wanted a bike for a while, but I guess I never felt I could justify getting one when we lived in the NW where it would sit in the garage for 10 months out of the year (and my husband doesn't like garage clutter). But I found one at a garage sale a few weeks ago for $25 (gotta love garage sales!!) and I couldn't resist. I really love riding it. It gets me out of bed before 6 am and into the beautiful Colorado morning when the air is still cool.



I found this place, East Lake wildlife reserve and I have pretty much gone there every ride since. It is so beautiful and peaceful and I just love it. I decided to ride this morning with my camera around my neck so that I could try and capture some of it's beauty. The pictures don't do it justice, but you get the idea. Birds, flowers, Rocky Mountains, water, bridges, and peacefulness. I love riding here!

2 comments:

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

I want to ride too that would be great, looks beautiful

Amy F. said...

It's so gorgeous there! I want a $25 bike too! You know me, I'll probably go and pick your same bike at the store and pay $200 for it. :)