The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Wednesday, April 16, 2014

5

Somehow the days and months and years have gone by and now my baby girl is 5.  It pains me a little (OK, a lot!) that she is growing up.  But oh how grateful I am that she is mine and that my heart was softened to the point that I was willing to have another baby.
 
I did not want any more babies!!  I was tired and overwhelmed and ready to move on from all things baby.  Andy and I had been going through so much and he had been traveling for ten months and I had 4 little kids and I didn't want any more children.
 
How very grateful I am for a Heavenly Father who is wise and patient.  He knew that we needed her in our family.  He knew the love and joy and beauty she would bring to our lives when I did not know.  My heart breaks a little now to think that I did not want another.  How grateful I am that He knew.
 
When I was finally to the point of utmost humility and I got on my knees and prayed to Him to please PLEASE help us sell our house and if He did then I would have another baby (I knew in my heart that there was another baby).  Yes, I made a deal with God.  And the next day our house sold.  After being on the market for 10 months with not a single offer.  I hadn't even told Andy about the deal I had made yet!
 
But from that day on, I knew that Heavenly Father had a plan for this baby and that she needed to come to earth, to our family.  Oh how very grateful I am for the light and joy and beauty she has been to me, to our family.  I love and adore every single piece of her.  I never knew the affect that love and humility and obedience to God's will could have on a heart until she showed me.  I am grateful every single day.
 
Now she is 5.  She is sassy and smart and funny and artistic and independent and thoughtful and kind.  She is a mixture of her older siblings and she is very much her own little person!  She is my angel and she lets me hug and squeeze and kiss her 1000x a day!  Oh, what would I have done without her?!
 
I love you my little sugar!
 
Happy 5th birthday!
(back in March!)







































For her birthday she has a few friends over for a little lunch party (while her siblings were at school).  They played and had cupcakes.  Lucy made a big wish...
 



What darling little girls!!

Rian stayed home from school to "help" me with the party! :)

Later that day, we met the kids sown at the park after school and played.  It was a beautiful day, unlike the day she was born when it snowed a lot!

I am so thankful to be their mother!!

2 comments:

Amy F. said...

We're glad you had this little cutie too!!! You made a mother sacrifice.

Myra Anderson said...

Beautiful words and beautiful little girl!