The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Tuesday, October 8, 2013

pneumonia

Lucy was really sick all last week. We went to the Dr. on Monday and then we were back at the Dr on Thursday and she was diagnosed with pneumonia. Poor girl, she was feeling so miserable but she is so tough! This is kind of what her week looked like...
 
Every time she woke from sleeping, her hair looked like this.  She coughed a lot and slept restlessly.  But man was she cute.


Her cheeks and chin were constantly bright pink and her eyes were watery from the fever.

  But that did not stop her from making the cutest art ever!  She would just sit at the table for hours cutting and drawing and gluing.  I just LOVE what she would create!...



Every day she would get dressed in hopes of going to school... but she stayed home with me all week.  She was patient and sweet and we cuddled a lot.

She took a LOT of hot baths.  They were the only thing that seemed to make her feel better.  She would play until the water was cold...

Thank goodness she id on her way to feeling like herself again.  I am so grateful for modern medicine! 
I will say that I enjoyed very much spending the whole week with my little girl though!

Oh and one more picture I found on Trace's camera.  Sleeping with those pink cheeks...

No comments: