I went to visit my sister a few weeks ago. I usually go in the spring but have always wanted to go in October when the world championship ironman competition is going on.
Just so happened that this year my brother and his wife and new baby (who I hadn't seen!) were going to be in hawaii during the ironman so I couldn't pass up the chance!
It was an amazing time. Ironman did not disappoint. It was magical, really and maybe someday I will be able to say I am an iroman! Maybe when I'm a grandma. Hey, there were 150 competitors over the age of 60. It was so inspiring and unbelievable and really amazing to see. I am so glad I was able to be there.
Of coarse, being there with Evie, my niece, was really fun. It is much different being in Hawaii with a baby in tow, but still so fun. What a little angel she is.
Here are pictures...
ang and I went down to the pier to see some of the athletes practice a few days before the race
lots of people were there to see the athletes!
we started to notice that some of the guys were wearing underwear, NOT speedos. That was weird, then ang remembered that it was the day of the UNDERWEAR parade. Yes. All the athletes put on their underwear and walk/run through the street... underwear parade. Kind of shocking to see and a little weird. I don't know what else to say about it! It was an underwear parade! :)
Then Evie got there!! Yeah! What a little world traveler she is. She came all the way from Australia. Isn't she precious??!!
Pretty much all the pictures were of Evie after that.
Evie & daddy on the computer...
Evie at the pool
Aloha Evie!!
and more of Evie at the pool.
Ang and I wear matching outfits downtown. Not on purpose! This happens a lot.
Usually Kona is a pretty sleepy little hawaii town but during ironman, it is not sleepy! We walked around checking out all the booths and people. It was a hot day! But look at that beautiful water! The waves were amazing. We had a fun time.
Trying to find some shade during the hot day!
Evie fell asleep on me when we got home. Can I just say?... pure heaven. Naked baby (with diaper) asleep on me?! Oh my it was heavenly. And I do have clothes on btw. It is kind of hard to see the tank top, but I am dressed.
Ang and I got up bright and early (it was dark actually) along with thousands of other people to see the start of Ironman. The helicopter flew around all morning and then followed the top athletes during the race. It was amazing... did I say that already??
Here are some of the athletes in the water waiting for the start. Awesome.
part 2 of the trip coming soon
















No comments:
Post a Comment