The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weekend in Portland

I was so lucky & blessed to be able to take a trip to Portland this last weekend. It was a quick trip and a bit last minute, but it was wonderful!
Jenna was our babysitter when we lived in Vancouver, but she really was more like family to us. She saved my life back then (with andy traveling every week to denver) and I love her so much. She was sealed to Brett this weekend in the Portland Temple (my very favorite temple) and I just couldn't miss it. Jenna and I use to stay up late (long after I would get home) talking about marriage, dating, church, etc. It is hard to believe, but so beautiful to see her & Brett in the temple now.
I LOVE this temple.

oh, and the beautiful blue skies were such a nice suprise!

jenna & brett





me & jenna later that night at the reception. isn't she beautiful??



amy was my lovely date to the reception. i love amy and we got to sit with some of my other friends whom i had missed. it was so great to visit & catch up. it reminded me why i loved vancouver so.
oh, and these little sweethearts (amy's daughters). LOVE them.
britta


camille


this is our home in vancouver. i loved living here (the house & the city) and would have been happy to stay forever. but life brought us to colorado and now it is truly home to me. now, if only my friends & family would follow me here!!

No comments: