The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November Recap

I bought a little camera to keep in my purse a while ago. The kids broke it so I saved up some $ and bought another one and threatened the kids with their lives NOT to touch it.
It is nice to have when we are going places or just in the car or whatever and I don't want to take a big camera.
So, these are some pictures I took on the little camera from throughout the month of November...

We took the kids to outdoor world to see Santa. Didn't quite go over as planned since Cali appears to be deathly afraid of Santa. And a little boy barfed in the snowball pit while the kids were in there (yuk!). Well, they posed for a picture anyway! And truthfully, as long as Andy is with us, any outing is fun for me.

Here is Lucy facing off with the giant catfish...


Andy and I ran some errands with the little girls (like I said, anything is fun when andy is home!) and lucy was just so cute, holding her baby & trying not to fall asleep.


She lost the battle...

Trace had Pioneer day at school and since Andy was home, I was able to go help and watch all the fun pioneer activities. Here is Trace with his good friend Hayden.

Square dancing... (SOOooo cute!)


It's been cold and everything that was once green is turning brown, but there is snow on the mountains and they are magical!!! (the view from the kids school)

Cali put vegi-straws up her nose and asked me to take her picture. Then she ate them.
:)

Even though I threatened them with their lives, someone still took a picture with my camera. It was either Rian or Cali obviously since they are the only 2 not in the picture. Since they both deny taking it (though I tend to believe Rian) no one's life was taken.

I went Black Friday shopping with some friends. Craziness! We went to Walmart at 9:45 and I was there to witness the 12:00 madness. Our trip was so well executed that our whole group was out the door by 12:20 with ALL of our stuff. A quick re-fuel at Denny's & then we waited in line in the FREEZING cold at Target from 2:30 until 4am when they opened. It was so cold. But great friends make any situation bearable! And we were equally successful (- a few friends who couldn't handle an all-nighter) at Target. I crawled into bed at 5:20 am. I'm too old for this.


Andy went to Chicago the Friday after Thanksgiving for his annual Bears game/brother weekend. It was a beautiful Saturday so I took all the kids to the zoo. It was practically empty (just the way I like it!) and we had a really fun time. No one got lost and I even got a few pictures. Huge success.



Trace is doing so well on his piano practicing. It is so fun hearing him practice some of our favorite Christmas music! He has a recital in December & I can't wait!!
Isn't he handsome?!

Can it really be December already??!! I love December & I can't wait to see my family!!!!


1 comment:

Olivia Heilmann said...

I just love all those pictures.. What a good idea to carry the camera in your purse. :)