The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Friday, August 6, 2010

I Made It! (Part 2)

Once again, with the help of my incredibly talented friend Amy, I made something! Something so totally adorable, I can hardly stand it!

I went over there with plans to make a pillow case dress... but Amy can never make anything without putting her personal touch into it. I guess technically this post should be called 'We Made It!'. I mean, I bought the pillow case at Goodwill and I had the other fabric that I had bought in hopes that I would make my own doll (never happened!!) and I found the pillowcase dress tutorial online. Oh, and I did sew most of the seems and I sewed the ribbon on.

But all the REALLY cute parts I have to give Amy credit for. She really is something special. Her vision to turn a simple pillowcase dress (which is cute to begin with!) into THIS...

I love it. I love Amy and I love this dress on LUCY!!! Don't you??!


Oh, I plan to cut the ribbon some but I'm just not sure how long I want it yet... for now, I love it!!











Even when she is throwing a tantrum... dress = still cute!!!

Thank you Amy!

2 comments:

Angie Cravens said...

Oh my word!!!! I almosted died!!!! Lucy is so adorable and that dress is the cutest thing I have ever seenn!!! This is torture... I miss lucy and the kids so much!!!

Amy F. said...

What a darling model!! How do you have time to do sewing projects with 5 kids and being an RS President!! You're amazing.