The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Monday, April 5, 2010

I MADE IT!

Andy got me a sewing machine for Christmas (I've wanted one for a LONG time!!) and I have been itching to use it. Of coarse Andy broke his face before Christmas so the machine went up on a shelf. But with ward craft night upon us, I pulled her out and went to work. With the help of a very crafty friend, I made this doll for Lucy for Easter. OK, so it took me 5 hours to make and lots of help (thank you Amie) but I adore this doll and plan to make one for Rian and Cali... maybe even a few boy dolls ;)! As soon as I get 20 free hours to do it!
How cute is she??! So worth the 4 hours of sleep I got that night!


Lucy loves her!!
And the other day while Andy was putting the swing set together, I made these cute clips I saw on a friends blog. They just looked so cute and easy I knew I could make them. Thank you Shauna for sharing the idea!! Cute, huh?



8 comments:

Katie Anderson said...

I love your crafts!!! So cute!!!

jdancer said...

WOW you little crafty mama! Very cute stuff!! Makes me want a little girl! :)

Marylin said...

I wish I had been less grumpy and come to the craft night! Your doll turned out so cute!! Go mama!!! :) Oh and I love those hair clips!! So great!!

Amy F. said...

Wow Jen, I always knew you had style, but you can put it to use even more with a sewing machine!! Homemade presents are the best. I'm sure these are the first of many things to come.

Olivia Heilmann said...

You crafty little genius! I LOVE them. Makes me want a little girl.

Amy F said...

Look at YOU!! So cute - way to rock your new sewing machine! I wish I could have come to craft night. I'm gonna have to make a doll too, they are irresistable! And yeah- I'm totally up for a 9 kid get together! Lets do it...maybe next week?

Amy said...

doll in Lucys arms...PRICELESS!

Kathah said...

Who are you and what have you done to my friend? Oh.. it must be the new calling! (i'm just jealous..of the doll...not the calling) :)