The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lucy's 1st Haircut

I love Lucy. Some nights she saves me, like tonight. I thought I might strangle myself at the dinner table with all the noise so I swooped up my little Lulu and took her up for bath-time. I ran a really warm bath (that's how she likes them) and she splashed and played with Leo & June (from Little Einsteins), her favorite bath toys. I just thank Heavenly Father for her because I need her and I am so thankful that he sent her to me.

Well, I decided that it was time to cut the whispy hairs in the back, those really bug me. So maybe just to prolong our time together in the warm, quiet bathroom, I got my scissors and snipped a few hairs in the back. It is so cute.

Only when the other kids came upstairs for bath-time did I finally get her pj's on and kiss & snuggle her to bed. Then I had the patience to bathe them. She really saved me tonight.




5 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

too precious!

Rachel B. said...

I love her little curls...and her chub! Seriously adorable! I think it's so cute how you talk about her. I'm glad you guys are such good little buddies. I'm also impressed with the fact that you cut her hair...and do a good job. I vowed never to touch my children's hair with scissors ever since I gave Reese a hack job at 5 months old when I tried to trim her mullet. I cried.

Katie Anderson said...

I wish Brooklynn was there taking a bath with Lulu!!! Bea crawls all over the bath now.

Kari Clark said...

Thank heaven for babies! I have felt the same way, many-a-time. She is such a doll.

Sandra said...

I'm jealous....your kids always have such long beautiful hair. I still have never given my Lilly a hair-cut and she's three. What a precious beautiful baby girl you have, Jen.