The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hiking @ Mt. Falcon

We decided to head up to Mt. Falcon this morning for a family hike. The last time we went on this particular hike was October 08, about 1 year ago when Lucy was just a few inches long still living inside my belly (and much easier to carry I must say!), and Cali was our "baby". My dad and Karen were with us and Auntie BB too. Andy was in Chicago with his brother for a Bears game last time so I wanted to go there again so he could see how beautiful it is.

We were way out-numbered this time, forgot to bring the stroller and left Lucy's extra bottle in the car. Of coarse we left later than planned because I forgot that I needed to order check because I have bills to pay and NO checks, not a single one!! Also, Rian and Cali have about 20 pairs of shoes each but had "no shoes for hiking" so we had to stop by Wal-Mart for some purple tennis shoes for the girls, oh and licorice too!

Needless to say, we didn't get to hike as far this time, but we had such a great time and we feel so incredibly blessed to live in Colorado. There are endless hiking/biking/camping trails and beauty everywhere you look. Trace said on the way home, "Mommy, I love Colorado." Truly, it is amazing and we love it here!

Picture overload...


Getting Lucy in her backpack, everyone's ready to help!

Off to a great start! We are all still smiling!
Sam let Lucy wear his batman hat for shading her face... what a good big brother!!


Can't you see how she is loving her new backpack?! I bought this beauty at a garage sale for $20!!



Sam LOVES to climb rocks and he is actually really good! Can you see him way up there? It took him less than a minute to get up there.




Auntie Teed-e-bear will be happy to know that Cali is a lot more cautious about the rock climbing!!



I'm pretty sure Trace needed to go to the bathroom! No where better to go than in nature, right boys?!
Racing to the top!


The Castle Trail leads to this beauty, it is really cool & the kids love it!Endless amounts of flowers for Cali to pick!




By the time we were ready to head back, Lucy had this face and started to cry... a lot. Cali was also showing signs of fatigue, so I carried Lucy and Andy, the great daddy that he is, carried Cali in the backpack.
Cali lost one of her rubber bands along the way somewhere..??

For finishing, the ULTIMATE reward... FOOD! Chips & salsa, pretzels, bell peppers, tuna sandwich (for me) and for treats, fruit by the foot... so worth it!




It practically broke my back carrying this little girl (she actually isn't so little!) the rest of the way, but I can't complain... just look at her!! Oh, and she was so much happier after she had her food too!!
And this is how it ends, happy slumber for all!!

2 comments:

Amy F. said...

Jen you look so beautiful! It looks like a gorgeous hike. So different than Portland, but also amazing. If we can ever come visit you we'd love to hike it with you. It would probably be even more chaotic, but it would be double the fun. We love you guys!!

jdancer said...

Is that Jen in a pic???? :) You're such a glowing beautiful mama! I love this post! It's perfect.