The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Friday, March 27, 2009

A Few Randoms

Getting burped by Daddy!

Sun bathing with Sam.
This is one of the "others" I have to share the holding with!!
BEAUTIFUL flowers from the YW presidency.
Amazingly, I haven't been taking many pictures lately, or getting much computer time. But I wanted to put a few random pictures that I have taken of Lucy up for your viewing pleasure!

She is doing so well, I couldn't ask for a better baby. She is healthy and beautiful... eating, sleeping and pooping very well! I love her so much and wish that I could just hold her and look at her and touch her perfectly beautiful skin all day long. But I have to share the holding with 5 others who seem to love her just as much as I do!!

For those of you who were wondering or care (very few of you I am sure!) the bottle feeding is going very well. I couldn't be happier about my decision right now. It is wonderful for me to still be able to feed her (usually I don't let anyone else do it except in the late night hours I ever so kindly let Andy share in the responsibility!) and not to have to feel that panic feeling like I use to. She has taken very well to the bottle and formula so far and for that I am very grateful!

Lucy is one week old today, I can hardly believe it. It sounds cliche', but I love her more than I ever knew possible. I am just so very thankful for every event in our lives that lead us to the decision to bring her into our family. I am so thankful that she was willing to leave her heavenly home and come to our family! What a BRAVE girl!

9 comments:

Call Family said...

Lucky girl-pretty flowers and baby!!

Melanie Love said...

Congrats!! She's beautiful! I love that hair bow on her in the pictures just before these.

Amy F. said...

We're glad you're doing so well!! Love ya!

Meridith said...

Such cute pics with the kids and Lucy. I am glad all is well.

Olivia Heilmann said...

Wow! Jen, she's perfect. Congratulations. :)

Carie said...

Congratualions Andersons! It almost makes me want to have another. I better stop looking because it's too late for us now. She's Beautiful! and I love her name!

The Cohen's said...

So glad things are so smooth... and she is so lucky to be a part of such an amazing family!!! It's so obvious that the other 5 people love her so much. :)

The Woolner Family said...

Can I ask why you decided to bottle feed? I've done a lot of research on it... obviously... I can tell where the best bang for your buck is. Also, I LOVE bottle feeding my babies. I know how much they're getting, they totally thrive, you can feed them anywhere without it being awkward, and even Daddy can help out in a pinch. And all guilt free.

The Woolner Family said...

Oh, P.S. She is a doll. And P.P.S. I'm gathering up some clothes for you and I think in a couple weeks we'll also be able to send the coat and shoes on too.