The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Monday, January 5, 2009

Quick catch up...

So a fast catch up on the last few weeks... the pictures are all out of order but oh well...

The only thing I asked Andy for for Christmas was for him to potty train Sam (who is 3.5) for me while he was home for 2 weeks. He bought a timer and set it for every 30 minutes. Other that continued accidents for the first half of the first day, Sam did great! I always underestimate my children! I am so grateful to Andy for all his hard work and for the best Christmas gift ever!!!

So getting the poop in the potty is still a work in progress, but the other day he did it and I had to document it for Andy. I edited out the "poop snake" as Sam called it for posting this picture on the blog, but you can still see how happy he was. Andy was one proud daddy!!


Once Rian started to feel better, we did lots of playing with the Summers kids. We had to say good bye :( to them on New Years day because they moved to Utah. It was really sad and I had to fight the tears. We miss them terribly already. Luckily, we still have 2 weeks with Emily (mom Summers)... when she leaves I may just go into serious depression. We sure miss you Lizzy, Maddie & Gage! Here they are after the music concert they performed for us!



Cali being her cute self. Now I really don't know what this little girl is going to do when Emily leaves. Emily is her very favorite person in the world and she spoils her rotten!! It will be a very sad day!!



We took a tour of the Hammond Candy Factory in Denver. It was suppose to be a fun thing to do together as a family but that did not happen. Rian sat out of the tour crying because her stomach hurt. Cali's shoes were way too small so she had to be held the whole time mostly by me and being 6 1/2 months pregnant that got old after about 5 minutes. Andy lost his temper with Sam, which almost never happens so you can imagine how bad he was being. In the end the kids were happy I guess because they got a treat from the store but I cried on the way home because, well first of all I am completly hormonal and I was just so disappointed and frusterated with the trip. Not our best day!!

p.s. Trace was as sweet as ever and got zero attention for his good behavior because we were so busy dealing with the other kids!! Poor guy.






The Summers gave the kids their new Webkins for Christmas and Rian and Trace LOVE them!!! Rian has Bubbles and Trace has Brownie. They are addicted, really!




Here is Sam the day after Christmas... that says it all doesn't it?!?!


Trace and Sam got this pirate ship from Santa and it seemed to be the favorite present for everyone for the first few days.


Rian made herself into Rudolph hence the antlers and red nose taped to her face! At one point all the kids had red tape noses! Didn't get a picture, but it was cute!



Ok, so here is a picture of my belly at about 28 weeks. I told Andy not to get my face because I looked terrible. I am too uncomfortable to get any sleep these days. Never put on make up or do my hair because I am just too tired and mostly because I just don't care. I think my belly is way bigger than this picture shows... at least it feels that way. But you get the idea.





I guess that is all for now. The kids are back in school today. Rian is fully recovered from her surgery and that is SO great! I have my 30 week Dr. appointment tomorrow. Andy is back to work after almost 2 full weeks off... it is going to be a long week! All the Christmas decoration is gone from the house thanks to a long hard day of work on Andy's part!!

Overall we had a very blessed, relaxing and laid back Christmas, which is just how I like it! It went way too fast of coarse, but I know the kids are happy to be back in school and I wonder if there is a part of Andy that is glad he is back to work?!?!?

Hope that all our family and friends had a wonderful and safe holiday. We miss you!!

3 comments:

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

Nice to see you have finally come and given us an update. I love love love the pics. We miss you tonz and I think I always will. We need to talk.

The Cohen's said...

Loved the update on all the kids and the family. And you're belly is SWEET!!!

Amy F. said...

You look like you're 12 weeks along, wow, you're keeping in great shape! I'm so excited to see what your new baby will look like!