The greatest joys in life are experienced in happy family relationships... the cultivation of a happy home requires effort and energy, forgiveness and patience, love and endurance and sacrifice, but it is worth all of this and more. -Gordon B. Hinkley



Monday, January 26, 2009

Finally!!











I am kind of kidding when I say finally because of coarse we have been thoroughly enjoying the 70 degree weather. Every morning spent at a different park in the neighborhood, long naps because the kids have worn themselves out at the park... loving it!!

But we wondered what all the talk was about a Colorado winter and snow, snow, snow! Well, we got some snow yesterday and more today. I attempted to shovel the driveway and sidewalk while the kids played in the back yard. My boogers were freezing with every sniffle so you know it was cold.

Cali was laying on the couch watching Cailou with a blanket because of another double ear infection (one ear actually ruptured last night). But the older 3 were having the time of their lives in the snow.

Really, though I was afraid they might get frostbite on their faces because they were playing puppy and sticking their whole face into the snow to eat it "like a puppy". I made them come in after about 30 minutes because I mean look at their faces (Sam especially), they had to be freeeeezing!

Oh, and I did get about 40 % of the drive way shoveled (hey, give me some credit, we have a long driveway... kind of) and 100% of the sidewalk shoveled... not bad for a big pregnant lady, huh??!

No comments: